Monday, June 28, 2010

So do you have any frozen chocolate-flavored glucose drink?

Well Mike found the camera-to-computer cord, so I'm hopeful that soon I can get you people some belly pictures! Though I will say now, they are nothing special. I am not, for instance, wearing the same thing every time, or holding something that's equal in size to the baby, or taking pictures with any regularity, or any of that fanciness. So. You've been warned.


This weekend Mike and I hung out at his parents' pool with some friends of ours and their two kids, who are 5 and 6. For some reason the 5-year-old calls Mike Frank, which I find hilarious. And he announced to us that he was going to change into a girl. Named Teresa. Which Mike found hilarious. Kids are the best, right? And, out of the 6 of us, only I got sunburned. ::sigh:: I know. But I would like to point out that I applied Mike's sunscreen for him and HE didn't get burned, so. You don't have to worry about me slow-roasting our children. Only myself.


These days, I'm trying to map out a 4th of July menu and figure out if we can swing a beach trip before summer is up (it's not looking good for us, atlantic ocean) and register for baby things (us either, financial viability) and not eat all the chocolate ice cream in the land. It is so hot, and this baby is a chocolate ice cream fiend. The other night we went out for ice cream, and I ate all of my rainbow sherbet and drank about half of Mike's chocolate peanut butter shake. And that was after I ate half his onion rings. That might help explain why I got fussed at by the midwife this morning for gaining too much weight. : ( I'm up 23 pounds since my first appointment at 8 weeks and am on track to gain a pound a week from here on out. That makes 37 pounds by the time it's all said and done. Yikes. She did say I was "way underweight" to start out (which, HA and OH BLESS YOU), but right now I'm 5 pounds over what I should be. I do think I'm taking in more calories now than I ought to be, mostly in the form of starches and salt, and I know I'm eating more sugar than I ever have before, so I can cut back on that and eat more fiber so that I fill up faster. But, my question is, how feasible is it really to expect to LOSE any weight during pregnancy? I'm probably just going to have to work like a beast to drop the extra weight afterwords, right?

No comments: