Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The whole weekend was one big party

This weekend we celebrated our birthday and Mike's and my first anniversary. On Friday my sister and Mike and my friends threw me an amazing (and surprising) surprise party. It was great. My friend Johnny made cookies and Ali made queso and Mike made burgers and chicken tacos and somebody made margaritas and boozy Arnold Palmers (Firefly and lemonade) and it was magical. There was even a theme. We all really love the song Electric Feel by a band called MGMT. The music video is amazing and psychadelic. Your basic hip young sexy people partying in the jungle, with an appearance by the Country Bears, and then the band rides bikes to the moon. You get the idea. So they decorated our house to look like the video and everybody dressed up like the people in the video and it was really perfect and great. These people know how to throw a party. I wish I had pictures to show you, but alas I am one of those people who complains about never having pictures of anything and always forgetting the camera or feeling awkward making that squinty I'm-taking-a-snapshot face. You know the face.

Then on Saturday we went with my family and Mike's parents to The Melting Pot, and I'll tell you right now that the only way to improve your very own electric surprise party is to follow it up with a trip to The Melting Pot. I don't know what they do to those little hunks of teriyaki sirloin or those brownie bits, but you should prepare yourself for the day that I find out, because there will be rejoicing throughout the land. Man was that dinner good. I hope for your sake that you have been to a Melting Pot, unless you happen to be someone who's terribly practical and has a problem spending a week's worth of your salary just to cook your own dinner. In which case, I'm sorry, but I don't think it's going to work out between us.

In closing, I am happier every day that I get to be married to my best friend and my favorite person and I hope we have 700 more years together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, we just got a Melting Pot in Boston and it costs a million dollars and dinner takes three hours, but like...boy howdy it's worth it. So tasty.

Also, that party sounds hilarious.

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my size 9 1/2 Narrow blog.

Here's the bad news for you -- my foot has grown a lot. In college, I wore maybe an 8 1/2, and then sometimes a 0, but in the last five years (maybe since the birth of my second child!), it's pretty much solid 9 1/2.

And as the shoe size goes up, the width gets wider, which makes not even a narrow always fit. It's SO depressing. I think I hate shoe shopping more than swimsuit shopping!