Monday, June 8, 2009

Still working on that hobby...

Just want to share a recipe real quick. I made these yesterday morning for the new small group Mike and I are attending at church. They are easy and portable and a nice alternative to boring old breakfast casseroles that can be messy and that you have to eat with a fork.

Breakfast Casserole Muffins!!

1 lb. sausage, browned and drained (can add onion, peppers, or sub. bacon or ham for sausage.)
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup biscuit mix (Bisquick or whatnot)
2 cups half-and-half or milk
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups shredded cheese

Preheat the oven to 350ยบ F. Brown and drain the sausage, adding in whatever you like. I used maple sausage, and God bless Jimmy Dean for that treasure, and added in somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of an onion, though ultimately I shoveled out about a tablespoon of that because it just looked too oniony. I have onion issues. Too many diced onions and I feel like I'm eating a happy meal that somebody forgot to order with NO ONIONS IN SIGHT PLEASE MY DAUGHTERS ARE FREAKY ABOUT THOSE TINY DICED ONIONS.

Grease 2 muffin pans and distribute the ground sausage evenly into all 24.

Mix together the eggs, biscuit mix, half-and-half (or milk, whichever you use), salt and pepper. Pour this evenly into the tins. Then put all the cheese on top. Stick those suckers in the oven for 25 minutes and you are good to go.

1 comment:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I had to pop in and tell you that your comment about Hash House made my DAY! One of my biggest regrets is that we didn't find Hash House until AFTER we left San Diego, so I never got to introduce people to the wonder that is that place personally. So to hear someone used my recommendation and LOVED it? I'm smiling all over.